Friday, August 11, 2017

Teleprompters in the Rain

Teleprompters and laptop computers in the rain. Costly electronic devices and also water. What could be far better?

Still, when I’m asked ahead up with an option, I’m happy for the difficulty.

I ‘d like to share some solutions and ideal practices for teleprompting in the rainfall or various other wet problems, like watercrafts.

One jib-teleprompter-in-the-rainoccasion was for Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s 2006 commencement as The golden state Guv in Sacramento. We were told the weather prediction which I would should position my video camera teleprompter on a jib.

Gigantic 55 gallon professional garbage bags are your good friend. I covered the camera in addition to the jib motors in such a way that any rain wouldn’t pool (affecting the weight as well as balance.) I also needed to stop any water that might drip down cords to the display. I got clear plastic bags to cover the monitor display.

Everything worked completely. Fortunately, it quit drizzling after the occasion, so tear-down was simple. I still needed to allow the cases and also various other exposed equipment dry out for a couple of days … so, perhaps I would certainly recommend risk pay or an extra equipment fee if I did this once again. For more information about teleprompters in the rain go to www.neiltanner.com


No comments:

Post a Comment