Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Teleprompting in Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese

It was an example of working together as a team to help the client with something that was quite unique. The client had requestedMandarinCantonese, and the ability to handle traditional Chinese characters. I realized that while three of my team had worked in Pinyin and Mandarin in the past, this was beyond us. Following along was one thing, (see the Linguist post) but editing was another. I found a friend of mine, Tiffine, who spoke Mandarin passably while her mother spoke Cantonese and Mandarin languages fluently. Neither had ever teleprompted before, but Tiffine was computer savvy and willing to learn something new with her mom:)
Because of a time overlap, my teammate Ralph Kelliher set up the gear, then I showed up shortly after and relieved him. I trained Tiffine, introduced the native spokeswoman to teleprompting, and then let them take over. The key was to make sure someone was listening for the best take. Once we empowered the client to be the judge, the process was smooth and everyone left happy. To read more about teleprompter go to www.neiltanner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment